Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Music!

Hello fellow MISD and USD Montessori students.  I hope you are happily readjusting to the concluding summer of our A to I training.   I humbly request your assistance in a project that I think can benefit all of us.

As a lifelong singer and college music major, I believe music and singing are an important aid to development and self-expression.  Yet I feel as though I don't know nearly enough songs to entertain the toddlers I will be teaching starting this fall.  Assuming I am not the only one with this feeling, I had the idea that we could all share songs with one another this summer.

Maybe each day someone could present a song or two to the rest of the class so that by the end of the course we are all 20+ songs richer.  As part of this project, I thought I would try to create a sign-up sheet (this Google document) and place the songs we learn on this website in a format that allows reading the music, reading the lyrics, adding hand/body motions, playing the music, and printing the music.

I think I have found a format that will allow all of those things, but if it doesn't work, please let me know.  You are welcome to leave comments on this blog, email me, or just let me know in person if you have suggestions.  I am hopeful this collaboration will be a fun way to enrich our education both this summer and in our own classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment